Friday, June 24, 2011

gratitude

I've been thinking alot lately, well not alot, but on my way to work this morning I was thinking that I should really be more thankful. I complain alot. Now that I think about it, I complain the majority of the day, most days. I say things like, "I just want to go home", "I am so tired", "I wish I didn't have to go to work today", and other things like that and many others. The truth is, these things that I say are mainly just statements, yet they are statements that don't show that I am thankful. Honestly, I should be thankful that I got some sleep last night. I should be thankful that I have a job, especially after watching the news yesterday and there are thousands of jobless Americans just from this past month. I know that things don't always go my way and I know that the grass usually does look greener on the other side but I am going to try and be content with what I have for the time being. Truth is, God has blessed me alot, and I take that for granted. I don't know why, but for some reason I am here where I am right now, and I should be thankful that. I should be thankful that I have have another day that I am alive, healthy, and employed. I am also thankful for my family. What are you thankful for?

No comments: