Wednesday, June 8, 2011

it feels like the first time...

For a long time I have felt like I don't belong anywhere. I know this sounds cliche or whatever, but I guess since I have graduated I have just felt awkward and out of place. Lately, I have been really trying to focus on myself and focus on my relationship with Christ. I don't know what I want to do with my life, or what God wants me to do with my life...so I suppose I am staying here until I figure it out. I have been working at Squire Creek Country Club for over a year now, and it has been wearing on me. I just sit there for hours upon hours and it gets very old, but I am thankful for the job and the money that comes along with this boring routine. Last Saturday I started working at Dowlings Smokehouse BBQ. I decided that the extra money would be nice and it would give me somethign to do, as well as give me something different. I really enjoy working there so far. I have only worked two days, but I like the people that I work with and I am learning new things. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am where I need to be. I know I don't want to stay in Ruston for forever, and I know that I don't want to be working two jobs for the rest of my life either. I started going to Sunday School and getting involved with the singles class at church though, and it feels good to have a sense of belonging. I guess God has helped me get a fresh start and work through things that I have needed to work through. I feel like I am in the right place, or at least doing something right, for the first time in a long time.
Keep it classy bloggers.

No comments: