Friday, August 12, 2011

truly happy

Have you ever cried for joy? If you are like me then You probably haven't. Tonight was my first time. I cry all the time when I laugh too hard and I suppose that's similar but this was crying and a little chuckle to follow. I came home to pineville this weekend and I was talking to my mom about Christian authors and books and how I can't stand to read but a few. I read mother theresas biography once and I just can't handle reading about these jerk offs who drive Mercedes and Lexus and live in 300000 dollar houses. I know God blesses people and that's great. I hope to have all that and more one day. When it comes to missions and serving God and doing His will, I can't help but think some priorities need to be switched. But after all who am I to judge?
Well as I was talking to my mom she was telling me the story of George Mūller who was a man of faith. I know, I was like oh great, but it gets good. George Mūller and his wife were ministers in England and they never took a salary, they depended wholly on God to provide for them. They start an orphanage and one day, as many, they were out of food. Mr. Muller had all the children sit at the table for breakfast ad usual though and they prayed because they knew God would provide. Well, there was a knock on the door and it was the local baker. He said, i don't know why but God woke me up at 2 am and told me that you had no food, so I've been baking bread since 2 am for you and the children in your orphanage. This is where I began to tear up by the way. If you don't have moist eyes you are ill. Not really, but maybe. Well, they had bread and just as they were about to eat, a milk man knocks on the door and says, my truck broke down right in front of your orphanage, will you please take my milk? It will go bad of you don't. Now I have tears running down my face. I didn't want my mom to see so I scratched my eye like it was hurting or something. But to be honest, that is the most amazing story I have heard in a while. It just made me so happy to know that God provides for those who love and trust in Him. That's my story. Have you ever cried because you were overjoyed?

No comments: