Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleep Deprived

This morning I am worn out. I have been opening up at work at 5:30 every morning for the past few weeks, and it's not bad because I get off earlier in the afternoon, but it wears me out. Last night I was in bed at 10:15, which is really good for me because I usually stay up and watch tv or netflix. Right before I get in bed though my Momma calls and says that she and my Dad are on the way to Longview to see my sister, who is in the hospital for chest pains. Well, I get in bed and am praying for my sister because I have no idea what is going on. I am just falling asleep and one of my friends texts me to come hang out with them. He knows that I have to work early in the morning but for some reason, every night they text me and want me to come hang out and then they get mad at me because I "never" hang out with them anymore. Truth is they always wait until so late to do anything---ten o'clock used to not be late, but I guess I am getting old. Anyways, getting back on track, that text message brought me out of my slight slumber and I could not go to sleep for anything, so I check facebook and notice that my best friend back home has posted on facebook that she is confused about something, so I text her and she calls me and so we talk for a good while. She has to wake up at 4:30 every morning also, because she teaches elementary school and has to drive 45 minutes and she said that she is going through the same thing about people being upset that she goes to bed early. It was so good to hear that I am not the only one. After we hung up I still could not sleep, so I watched tv for a while until I finally started to drift off. Right as I was starting to fall asleep, my Momma called and said that my sister was at home now and that she was doing fine. She has some galstones, so she is in pain, but the Dr. said she is ok. I was so glad to hear that, and right after I got off the phone with my Momma I fell asleep. I guess my mind was put at ease. It was now one o'clock a.m., but everything was going to be ok. My alarm set for 4:30 went off way too early, but I got ready for work, scraped the ice off of my windshield and came out to work. Now I am sitting here, at work, writing...thinking about taking a nap. It is Friday though, so I have the whole weekend to sleep...and I think I am going to get an iPhone today! The sky is clear this morning, so I am about to go watch the sunrise. It's the dawn of a new day.

No comments: