Thursday, February 3, 2011

snow, hopefully

Today is quite cold, at 27 degrees. It is not suppose to get over 34 today and tonight we are suppose to have snow/rain/sleet, otherwise known as a "wintry mix" which could possibly and most likely continue into tomorrow as well. I personally would be perfectly fine with the "wintry mix" staying as long as it wants to. I do not have to work this weekend, so I do not have to worry about getting out in it. The only time I would have to get out in it is tomorrow morning for work, but if it has already started, then I may not have to work tomorrow. I know that it is terrible to want a day off of work, but when there is a possible 1-3 inches of snow forecasted I believe that everyone should have the day off! This really makes me wonder about global warming. I know that supposedly the earth's atmosphere is in critical shape and that the polar ice caps are melting and all, but if things were so bad off I really do not know that half of our country would be experiencing this "Colossal Winter Storm", (Fox News, 2011). According to Fox News this is the worst winter storm in decades, covering from Chicago to New York. My cousins in Tulsa, OK posted pictures on facebook.com of all the snow that they have had, something like 14 inches, it is just incredible. Maybe I will make a trip up there this weekend! :) It just really makes me wonder about global warming and how much of it is truth and how much is bogus. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy this winter weather! Stay warm and dry, and be safe! God Bless us, everyone.

No comments: